Destinations International 30 under 30 class of 2023. © Destinations International
Article Published 11/04/2023
VisitScotland Business Events' Enya Rice named one of 30 future leaders of the destination organization industry. Global awardees range from Asia, Canada, Europe, Latin America and the United States.
We are thrilled to announce that our colleague Enya Rice has been named one of Destinations International's 2023 30 Under 30 recipients. To learn more about each honoree, click here.
Enya joined VisitScotland in August 2021 and she has been part of the VisitScotland Business Events team since September 2022. She is an experienced marketer with a determination to make people a priority and advocate the power of connectivity to help transform industries.
Neil Brownlee, Head of Business Events at VisitScotland said: "Enya is an integral part of the business events team. Enya's tenacity and eagerness to use her knowledge of marketing to complement and enhance our messages to global markets and partners is exemplary. I am incredibly proud that she been recognised by Destinations International for all her hard work and her dedication to the sector."
Destinations International is committed to investing and preparing the leaders of tomorrow and developing future industry leaders that represent a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Each year, 30 individuals under the age of 30, are selected to gain valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought leadership throughout the year. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
"The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization's vision and mission," said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. "These talented individuals represent DI's global footprint, with representation from Asia, Canada, Europe, Latin America and the United States. We can't wait to recognize and celebrate them this summer at our Annual Convention in July."
"The Destinations International Foundation believes in building up the leaders of tomorrow," said Vail Ross, senior VP of sales and marketing at STR and chair of the Destinations International Foundation. "We are proud of our 30 Under 30 Program and are grateful for the foundation investors who make programs like these possible for our industry."
"I am thrilled to recognize this year's emerging leaders. Their achievements and contributions to their respective organizations are truly remarkable.", said Mike Gamble, president & CEO of SearchWide Global and Tourism Diversity Matters. "We remain committed to this program and to supporting the growth and development of future leaders who will undoubtedly shape our industry for the better."
The 2023 30 Under 30 Class includes:
- Joey Bell, public relations and social media manager, Visit Tampa Bay
- Elizabeth Boylan, sales manager, New York City Tourism + Conventions
- Tom Carton, strategy and operations, Hello Burlington
- Demi Cimiaskaite, senior marketing manager, Visit Eau Claire
- Tim Crouson, CRM administrator, Destination Ann Arbor
- Kathryn Shea Duncan, director of social media, Visit Lake Charles
- Karly Dwenger, senior marketing manager, Travel Butler County, Ohio
- Molly Evans, senior manager, business events, VisitPITTSBURGH
- Ari Hamilton-Gery, corporate communications manager, Visit Baltimore
- Joy IM, assistant manager, Goyang Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Jerry Joseph, convention services manager, Destination DC
- Patti Krausert, director of research and data strategy, Tulsa Regional Tourism
- Catherine McCooey, marketing manager, Tourism Burnaby
- Katie Rhoads, marketing manager, Visit Loudoun
- Enya Rice, assistant marketing manager, VisitScotland
- Coralis Rivera, manager, integrated marketing and social media, Brand USA
- Yuliana Ruiz Velasquez, meetings industry executive, Greater Medellin Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Lauren Saizan, editorial and online content manager, New Orleans & Company
- Becca Schmiegel, marketing manager, Visit Indy
- Zoey Shircel, associate manager, media relations, Visit Mesa
- Megan Temple, senior director of partner and community engagement, Travel Lane County
- Julia Thomson, specialist, destination development, Ottawa Tourism
- Anjelica Uthe, executive director, Visit Watertown (Watertown, SD CVB)
- Mai Der Vang, human resources Specialist, VISIT Milwaukee
- Andrew Vela, project specialist, Visit Dallas
- Lydia Wilder, director of operations and service, Frankenmuth Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Austin Wingle, graphic design manager, Visit Tri-Cities
- Cody Wiseman, creative marketing manager, Visit Rapid City
- Glorianna Yamin, marketing director, Discover Puerto Rico
- Madison Yohn, Content Coordinator, Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
Now in its 13th year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by Fired Up! Culture, Northstar Meetings Group and PCMA.
For more information on the 30 Under 30 Program and the 2023 30 Under 30 class, please visit destinationsinternational.org/general-information/30-under-30.
About the Destinations International Foundation:
The Destinations International Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering destination marketers globally by providing education, research, advocacy and leadership development. The Foundation is classified as a charitable organization, under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and all donations to the Foundation are tax-deductible. For more information visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International:
Destinations International is the world's largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with more than 6,500 members and partners from over 650 destinations in 23 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association that exchanges bold ideas, connects innovative people and elevates tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.