Scotland: Innovate | Pioneer | Lead
You are invited to Scotland House on April 25th for the inaugural VisitScotland Association Reception, with keynote address from Dame Anne Glover, President of the Royal Society of Edinburgh and former Chief Scientific Adviser to the President of the European Commission.
Join fellow association leaders for an informal evening reception hosted by VisitScotland. Discover why now is the time to engage with Scotland to grow audiences, share ideas, connect with new colleagues, and to create the Legends of tomorrow.
Scotland has an incredible history of innovation and invention and breakthroughs made in Scotland have become Legends in their own time. In life sciences, medicine, renewable energy, digital and data driven solutions, engineering, biotechnology and many more sectors, Scotland has consistently innovated, pioneered and led the world.
In Scotland we know that associations are vital forums for ideas to be shared, for new projects to begin and for research to influence real change. In Scotland associations can connect and engage with world leading institutions, creating lasting value and learning for delegates. In Scotland associations innovate, pioneer and lead.
Join us on April 25th to find out more. Book your place!
What you can expect:
- Hear from Professor Dame Anne Glover, President of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Dame Anne is a renowned Scottish molecular biologist and has advised the European Commission President on policy issues relating to science, technology and innovation. Dame Anne has an intimate understanding and first-hand experience of the ability of Associations to create international dialogue, cooperation and understanding, and will reflect on why now, more than ever, it is vital to our sciences, and all industries, that we continue to meet, talk and stay connected.
Dame Anne Glover is President of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, former Chief Scientific Advisor to the President of the European Commission and was the first Chief Scientific Advisor for Scotland. She is a member of the Principal's Advisory team at the University of Strathclyde and is a Board member/Chair on a range of commercial and charitable organisations.
- Sample the finest Scottish produce from our world famous larder. We are pleased to offer a selection of canapes featuring fresh Scottish ingredients, sample unique artisan gins, Scottish craft beers, and, of course, a wee dram of single malt.
17:00 - 17:30: Arrival
17:30: Welcome from VisitScotland
18:00: Reception and networking - be our guests!
19:30: Event close
- For security purposes registration is essential.
- Places are limited and first come first served, book now to secure your place.
- If you have any dietary requirements, or need any additional support to attend the event, please let VisitScotland know now.
- This event is taking place at Scotland House, the office of Scotland Europa. The office is located on the 6th floor and there is lift access. You will be greeted on the ground floor and escorted to the reception by our staff.
If you would like more information or have any queries regarding this talk, please contact Patrick Lamont.